Canadian Heritage’s five regional offices and numerous provincial and district access points play a key role in delivering the Department’s program and services.
Overview of Regional Operations
Canadian Heritage’s regional and district access points assist the Department in achieving its objectives by:
- Communicating with citizens.
- Regions reach out to communities and stakeholders in pursuit of the Department’s full range of objectives. They also respond to public enquiries and provide information about departmental activities and programs.
- Delivering programs and services
- Regions ensure that programs are accessible, relevant and client-centred. Regions manage 90 percent of all grant application files received by Canadian Heritage and 59 percent of all contribution applications. They provide advice and assistance to community organizations and applicants for funding and often play a brokerage role, increasing the impact of Canadian Heritage funding by leveraging funds from provincial and regional partners.
- Maintaining relationships with provincial and regional institutions
- Regions work collaboratively with other federal departments and Canadian Heritage portfolio agencies and are active participants in ensuring horizontal policy and program coordination through Federal Regional Councils (committees of senior federal officials in each province/territory).
- Gathering and analyzing intelligence and providing advice
- Regions gather and analyze the information necessary to develop informed policy and relevant programs reflective of Canada’s diversity.
Regional Offices Contact Information
Your questions and comments are important to us. We are committed to providing you with accurate information in a timely manner.
Our Commitment to Privacy
The Government of Canada is committed to respecting the personal privacy of individuals who visit our Web site. All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act.
If you experience difficulties while browsing or navigating the Canadian Heritage Web site, please use our feedback form to send technical questions or comments.
- Date modified: