Museums and Galleries
- Canada's Capital Museums Passport
- Canada Cultural Investment Fund
- Canada-France Agreement on Museums
- Canada Cultural Spaces Fund
- Canadian Heritage Information Network
- Museums Assistance Program
Canada's Capital Museums Passport is the best way to explore Canadian culture, science, art, history, nature - and much more - in the Capital. Pick up a Museums Passport and visit up to eight uniquely Canadian museums in Canada's Capital region.
The Canada Cultural Investment Fund supports projects that contribute to the organizational, administrative and financial health of arts and heritage organizations.
On November 26, 1990 the Governments of Canada and of the French Republic signed the Canada-France Agreement on Museum Cooperation and Exchanges. The main objective of the Agreement is to create and develop special, lasting ties between museums in Canada and France, as well as enhancing skills and competencies of museum professionals.
The Canadian Cultural Spaces Fund seeks to improve physical conditions for artistic creativity and innovation by increasing access for Canadians to performing arts, visual arts, media arts, and to museum collections and heritage displays.
The Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) is a special operating agency of the Department of Canadian Heritage. CHIN serves as a national centre of expertise to Canadian museums and other heritage institutions across Canada, enabling them to connect with each other and their audiences through digital technologies.
Museums enable us to discover our diverse heritage and help us to know who we are and what brings us together. Take the time to explore Canada's museums on International Museum Day, which is being celebrated around May 18 worldwide since 1977.
The Museums Assistance Program supports heritage institutions and workers in the preservation and presentation of heritage collections, providing financial assistance to Canadian museums and related institutions.
- Canada Agriculture Museum
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum
- Canada Science and Technology Museum
- Canadian Conservation Institute
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights
- Canadian Museum of Contemporary Photography
- Canadian Museum of History
- Canadian Museum of Nature
- Canadian War Museum
- Library and Archives Canada
- Museum Associations in Canada
- National Gallery of Canada
- Royal Canadian Mint
- Virtual Museum of Canada
- Date modified: