Museums and Galleries
- Canada Cultural Investment Fund
- Canada-France Agreement on Museums
- Canada Cultural Spaces Fund
- Canadian Heritage Information Network
- International Museum Day
- Museums Assistance Program
- Virtual Museum of Canada
The Canada Cultural Investment Fund supports projects that contribute to the organizational, administrative and financial health of arts and heritage organizations.
On November 26, 1990 the Governments of Canada and of the French Republic signed the Canada-France Agreement on Museum Cooperation and Exchanges. The main objective of the Agreement is to create and develop special, lasting ties between museums in Canada and France, as well as enhancing skills and competencies of museum professionals.
The Canadian Cultural Spaces Fund seeks to improve physical conditions for artistic creativity and innovation by increasing access for Canadians to performing arts, visual arts, media arts, and to museum collections and heritage displays.
The Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) is a special operating agency of the Department of Canadian Heritage. CHIN serves as a national centre of expertise to nearly 1,600 Canadian museums and other member heritage institutions across Canada, enabling them to connect with each other and their audiences through digital technologies.
Museums enable us to discover our diverse heritage and help us to know who we are and what brings us together. Take the time to explore Canada's museums on International Museum Day, which has been celebrated around the world since 1977.
The Museums Assistance Program supports heritage institutions and workers in the preservation and presentation of heritage collections, providing financial assistance to Canadian museums and related institutions.
- Canada Agriculture Museum
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum
- Canada Science and Technology Museum
- Canadian Conservation Institute
- Museum of Civilization (future Canadian Museum of History)
- Canadian Museum of Contemporary Photography
- Canadian Museum for Human Rights
- Canadian Museum of Nature
- Canadian War Museum
- Library and Archives Canada
- National Gallery of Canada
- Date modified: