Apply for Funding - Legacy Fund
- Application Deadline
- Who Can Apply?
- Application Forms
- Our Commitment to Privacy
- Technical Questions
NOTE: Please consult with a Program Officer before submitting an application to determine if your project is eligible (Contact us).
There is no fixed deadline for Legacy Fund submissions; however, your project must be submitted at the latest by the date of your anniversary.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for funding from the Legacy Fund component, your organization must have been in existence for at least two years, plan to continue operating after this project’s completion, and be one of the following:
- a local non-profit incorporated organization, or
- a local band council, local tribal council, or other local Aboriginal government (First Nations, Inuit, or Métis) or equivalent organizations, or
- a municipal administration or any of its agencies, boards or commissions that, for the purposes of your proposed commemoration project, demonstrate an active partnership with at least one community-based group.
Legacy Fund Guide
A monthly cashflow (including in-kind expenses and revenues) must also be submitted with your application package. Please contact the Legacy Fund to obtain the Cashflow Template.
If you have any questions about the Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage Program, please Contact us.
Service Delivery Standards for this funding program.
Our Commitment to Privacy
The Government of Canada is committed to respecting the personal privacy of individuals who visit our website. All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act.
If you experience difficulties while browsing or navigating the website of the Department of Canadian Heritage, please use our feedback form to send technical questions or comments.
To access the PDF (Portable Document Format) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
To take advantage of PDF features:
- Save the PDF form on your computer;
- Open the file with your PDF reader;
- Complete the form; and
- Save it again once filled.
It is not recommended to open a PDF form within your browser. Some browsers use plugins by default to view the PDF which may not work properly with fillable PDF forms.
Please note that all saveable and fillable PDF forms posted on this Web site are created using Adobe® authoring tools. It is therefore recommended that you use the Adobe Reader®, version 8 or higher, for best results.