Enhancement of Official Languages Program
Service Delivery Standards for this funding progam.
The Enhancement of Official Languages Program is designed to foster among Canadians a greater understanding and appreciation of the benefits of linguistic duality. Through partnerships and agreements with provinces, territories and non-governmental organizations in support of second-language learning, and initiatives fostering mutual understanding between English- and French-speaking Canadians, this program brings Canadians to recognize and support linguistic duality as a fundamental value of Canadian society.
- Promotion of Linguistic Duality
- funding of activities to enhance linguistic duality; and
- funding of activities to encourage the offer of services in both official languages.
- Second-Language Learning
- assistance to the provinces and territories for second-language teaching;
- granting of bursaries and monitor positions for improving second-language skills;
- funding of activities to support second-language learning; and
- summer employment under Young Canada Works.
- Date modified :