Service standards for this funding program.
Strategic Initiatives provides financial assistance for projects involving multiple partners that will help arts and heritage organizations strengthen their management abilities, make strategic use of new technologies and diversify their revenues. By supporting collaborative projects, Strategic Initiatives encourages knowledge and resource sharing that will improve the business operations of arts and heritage organizations and help them make stronger contributions to Canadian society and the economy; and that will advance cultural development at the local level.
Who can apply
To be eligible an applicant must:
- be a professional non-profit organization, association, institution, or foundation incorporated under the Canada Corporations Act, Part II or provincial or territorial legislation, or a First Nations, Inuit or Métis organization;
- administered by an active board of directors, working professionally and continuously for three years prior to the application date;
- with a mandate related to the arts or heritage sector; and
- with activities and programs that include the arts or heritage;
- be a postsecondary education institution or a heritage organization created by another level of government:
- with distinct objectives, programs and budgets related to the arts or heritage;
- employ the equivalent of at least two full-time employees; and
- not have an accumulated deficit of 15% or more over total revenue for the previous year.
Step 1: Letter of Intent
An organization interested in receiving funding under Strategic Initiatives must first submit an overview of the proposed project.
The Department will evaluate the Letter of Intent before inviting the organization to submit a Detailed Application.
Before submitting a Letter of Intent, please contact a CCIF Program Officer to discuss the nature of the project.
Please contact us for further information.
Step 2: Detailed Application
Strategic Initiatives will invite only those organizations whose proposals have been recommended to submit Detailed Applications.
The deadline for submitting the Detailed Application will be specified in the invitation letter. Each organization will have at least two months to submit the necessary documents.
Please note that an invitation to submit a Detailed Application does not guarantee approval of the project at Step 2.
To contact us
For additional information do not hesitate to contact us by writing or by telephone.
To access the PDF (Portable Document Format) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
To take advantage of PDF features:
- Save the PDF form on your computer;
- Open the file with your PDF reader;
- Complete the form; and
- Save it again once filled.
It is not recommended to open a PDF form within your browser. Some browsers use plugins by default to view the PDF which may not work properly with fillable PDF forms.
Please note that all saveable and fillable PDF forms posted on this Web site are created using Adobe® authoring tools. It is therefore recommended that you use the Adobe Reader®, version 9 or higher, for best results.
- Date modified :