Service standards for this funding program.
- 2015-2016 Application Deadlines
- What's new?
- Who can apply?
- Eligible Projects
- Submitting an application
- Contact the program
The Strategic Initiatives component of the Canada Cultural Investment Fund (CCIF) provides financial assistance for projects involving multiple partners that will help arts and heritage organizations improve their business practices and diversify their revenues. By supporting collaborative projects, Strategic Initiatives encourages knowledge and resource sharing and strategic use of technologies that will strengthen the business operations of arts and heritage organizations, helping them make stronger contributions to Canadian society and the economy.
2015-2016 Application Deadlines
The Strategic Initiatives component will issue two calls for proposals per year, one in the spring and one in the fall.
For projects with a start date in the fall of 2015, no sooner than September 1, 2015, the Program will accept and assess applications on a continuous basis during the period April 20 to May 22, 2015.
To be considered, applications must be fully completed, signed, and accompanied by all required documents. Applications sent after the closing date of May 22, 2015 will not be considered.
The program uses the application postmark or delivery receipt as proof that the application was sent on or before the deadline. Applicants are strongly encouraged to use a shipping method that provides proof of sending and the ability to track delivery.
For projects with a start date after April 1, 2016, the deadline date will be September 14, 2015.
The Strategic Initiatives process, guidelines and application supporting documents have recently been revised. The main changes to the guidelines can be summarized as follows:
- Streamlining of the application process: The former requirement to submit a Letter of Intent prior to a full application has been eliminated to reduce the application process timelines. The application process will now involve only one step – the detailed application.
- More focussed program priorities: The component now focusses on three key program priorities:
- Developing and sharing of expertise, best practices and tools
- Marketing and audience development
- Strategic use of technologies.
Section 2.3 of the guidelines provides the full project eligibility requirements as well as examples of eligible projects.
Who can apply?
To be eligible the applicant must be an arts or heritage professional not-for-profit organization, a post-secondary institution or a heritage organization governed by another level of government. Section 2.2 of the guidelines provides the full eligibility requirements of the applicant.
The following are not eligible as applicants under this component, but may be considered as project partners:
- cultural industries and their associations
- national training schools that have received financial support in the last three years under the Canada Arts Training Fund
- presenters, festivals and networks that have received financial support in the last three years under the Canada Arts Presentation Fund
- federal departments and agencies
- other levels of government.
To be considered eligible, projects must:
- demonstrate how the project will contribute to the improvement of business practices and/or revenue diversification; and
- involve the collaboration of at least three partners including the lead applicant; and
- directly benefit a number of not-for-profit organizations working in the arts and/or heritage sector in Canada; and
- have measurable outcomes/results in accordance with the component's objectives.
Submitting an Application
Please contact the program at 819-997-3955 or toll free at 1-866-811-0055 to discuss your project's eligibility before submitting an application.
- General Application Form and Detailed Application
- Performance Measurement Guide
- Budget Template (you must contact the program to obtain this template)
Funding under the Strategic Initiatives component is competitive and there is no guarantee of support. Due to the volume of applications the Department receives and the limited funds that are available, the total amount rewarded to successful applicants may be lower than the amount requested.
Contact the Program
Strategic Initiatives Component, Canada Cultural Investment Fund
Department of Canadian Heritage
25 Eddy Street, 13th Floor, room 308 (25-13-V)
To access the PDF (Portable Document Format) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
To take advantage of PDF features:
- Save the PDF form on your computer;
- Open the file with your PDF reader;
- Complete the form; and
- Save it again once filled.
It is not recommended to open a PDF form within your browser. Some browsers use plugins by default to view the PDF which may not work properly with fillable PDF forms.
Please note that all saveable and fillable PDF forms posted on this Web site are created using Adobe® authoring tools. It is therefore recommended that you use the Adobe Reader®, version 9 or higher, for best results.
- Date modified :