The Legacy Fund component provides funding for community capital projects. Successful applicants may receive up to 50 per cent of eligible expenses to a maximum of $500,000 in funding for community capital projects that:
- commemorate a significant local historical event or pay tribute to a significant local historical personality;
- mark a 100th anniversary or greater, in increments of 25 years (e.g., 125th, 150th);
- involve the restoration, renovation, or transformation of existing buildings and/or exterior spaces with local community significance;
- encourage arts and heritage activities in your community; and
- are intended for and accessible to the general public.