Development of Official-Language Communities Program
Community Life component
The Community Life component of the Development of Official-Language Communities Program aims to enable the federal government to work with partners to offer official-language minority communities access to services in their own language, as well as the infrastructure necessary to ensure their growth and development.
The objectives of the Community Life component of the Development of Official-Language Communities Program are:
- to foster the implementation of activities and projects that ensure the long-term development of official-language minority communities in key sectors;
- to help expand and diversify the range of partners working together towards the development of official-language minority communities (Anglophones in Quebec and Francophones outside Quebec);
- to help make official-language minority communities more inclusive;
- to help provincial and territorial governments and their creations foster the growth of official-language minority communities by providing them with, in accordance with the development priorities identified by the communities, services in English in Quebec and in French outside Quebec, as well as the necessary infrastructure to provide these services.
II. Immediate outcomes
Activities that receive funding from the Department must contribute to achieving one or several of the objectives of the Community Life component of the Development of Official-Language Communities Program as well as immediate outcomes targeted by this component.
The immediate outcomes targeted by the Community Life component are as follows:
- Offer of activities and services designed for official-language minority communities by community organizations;
- Offer of activities and services designed to strengthen and ensure the visibility of official-language minority communities’ action in the areas of culture, arts and heritage;
- Offer of government services in the minority language in areas, other than education.
This component of the program seeks to encourage the initial growth and maintenance of conditions favourable to the development and expansion of official-language minority communities. Five sub-components are proposed to achieve this goal:
- Cooperation with the Community Sector
- Intergovernmental Cooperation on Minority-Language Services
- Community Cultural Action Fund
- Strategic Fund
- Young Canada Works
- Date modified :