Policy and Research
To order a brochure, publication or poster
Please fill out our order form.
Official Languages Act
- Official Languages Act – Part VII (Advancement of French and English) – Guide for Federal Institutions (2007)
Administrative guide to support all federal institution in meeting the requirements of the Act. (2007) Bilingual, 16 pages. A fact sheet and a bookmark are also available.
- Official Languages Act: In Brief
A booklet explaining the purpose and provisions of the 1988 Official Languages Act, which reflects and implements the language rights recognized by the Constitution and, in particular, by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
(1993) Bilingual, 11 pages.
Research and studies
- Intergovernmental Cooperation in the Area of Provincial and Territorial Minority-Language Services Successes and Challenges (2003-2007)
- Plan 2013 - Strategies for a National Approach in Second Language Education
- Canadian Heritage Official Languages Annual Reports
Annual report on the implementation of the Official Languages Act by targeted federal institutions
- Department of Canadian Heritage Report on Results
The Department’s Report on Results (Report) provides an overview of achieved results for the year 2010-2011 from all PCH programs at the national and the regional levels.
- Making Your Organization Bilingual
This publication (PDF Format, 2,140 KB) provides tools and strategies to organizations who wish to offer services in the two official languages.
New Canadian Perspectives
This multidisciplinary research series offers current information and many reference sources on all aspects of official languages in Canada.
- Official Languages
To access the PDF (Portable Document Format) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
To take advantage of PDF features:
- Save the PDF form on your computer;
- Open the file with your PDF reader;
- Complete the form; and
- Save it again once filled.
It is not recommended to open a PDF form within your browser. Some browsers use plugins by default to view the PDF which may not work properly with fillable PDF forms.
Please note that all saveable and fillable PDF forms posted on this Web site are created using Adobe® authoring tools. It is therefore recommended that you use the Adobe Reader®, version 9 or higher, for best results.
- Date modified :