The Lieutenant Governors' Program
- The Program;
- administers the salary and other compensation and benefits paid to the Lieutenant Governors of the provinces;
- provides the Lieutenant Governors with advice on their role and functions;
- receives the provincial statutes for study as per the Canadian Constitution;
- assists in the process to appoint administrators of the governments of the provinces to replace the Lieutenant Governors during absences.
- The Program provides support for the Annual Conference of the Governor General, Lieutenant Governors and Territorial Commissioners.
- The Program provides grants to Lieutenant Governors to help defray certain costs incurred in the exercise of their official duties that are not covered by the provincial governments. Contributions are also paid for Lieutenant Governors' superannuation and supplementary retirement benefits.
List and Addresses of Lieutenant Governors
Expenses incurred by the Lieutenant Governors in the Exercise of Their Official Duties