Info-Participants – Internships for Graduates: Build Your Future!
- General Intern Eligibility Criteria
- YCW at Building Careers in English and French
- YCW at Building Careers in Heritage
Interested in an internship in Canada or abroad in your specific field of study? YCW Internships are an enriching experience on all counts and here's why:
- You can establish contacts in the workplace;
- Perfect professional skills in your chosen field;
- Improve your career options by working in Canada or abroad;
General Intern Eligibility Criteria
You are eligible if you:
- are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada; Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
- are legally entitled to work in Canada;
- are between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- meet the eligibility criteria of the program for which you are applying;
- are registered in the YCW on-line candidate inventory;
- are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
- do not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week**) while employed with YCW;
- are an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, that is, not employed full-time;
- are a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within the last 24 months at the start of employment;
- are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with YCW;
- must not have previously participated in or been paid under this or any other Career Focus internship program funded under the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy.
**Note: Interns with a disability are eligible for part-time work in Canada only.
YCW at Building Careers in English and French
This program consists of international internships only.
- Develop your knowledge of English and French while gaining valuable work-related skills and experience abroad. The project sites vary greatly and can include, among others, language schools, educational institutions, translation firms, visual or performing arts companies, film and video production.
- You are eligible if you:
- Meet the General Intern Eligibility Criteria;
- Have a working knowledge of both English and French;
- Are willing to work in another country.
- Duration and Number of positions:
- Internships can last from 4 to 12 months. Interns must work 30 to 40 hours per week.
YCW at Building Careers in Heritage
This program consists of Canadian and international internships.
- Build advanced skills while gaining on-the-job experience within the arts, culture, and heritage sectors, domestically and internationally. Some of the project sites include museums, archives, libraries, arts organizations, educational institutions and multimedia companies.
- You are eligible if you:
- Meet the General Intern Eligibility Criteria.
- Duration and Number of Positions:
- Internships can last from 4 to 12 months. Interns must work 30 to 40 hours per week. Note: Interns with a disability are eligible for part-time work in Canada only.
Note: For Canadian internships outside the province in which the intern resides, YCW will cover transportation costs between the intern's residence and the job location. Applications for travel assistance are made through your employer. For international internships, YCW will cover transportation and part of accommodation costs abroad.