Heritage Day was established in 1973 by the Heritage Canada Foundation, and is celebrated the 3rd Monday of February to encourage the preservation and promotion of Canada's nationally significant historic, architectural, natural and scenic heritage.
The Department of Canadian Heritage, along with national museums and the National Library and Archives of Canada, works with diverse parties across Canada to ensure that our heritage is not only preserved, but also promoted and enhanced. All Canadians are invited to celebrate Heritage Day by learning about Canada's immense historical, cultural and natural heritage.
For more about Heritage Day, please visit Heritage Canada Foundation's Web site at Heritage Day.
Some other links of interest are:
- Virtual Museum of Canada
- Library and Archives of Canada
- National Battlefield Commission
- Canada Science and Technology Museum Corporation
- Canadian Museum of Civilization Corporation
- Canadian Museum of Nature
- National Gallery of Canada
- Parks Canada
- Historica Foundation
- Dominion Institute
- Date modified: