Public and Regional Affairs Sector
Who We Are
Major Events and Celebrations
- Commemorates events marking Canada's history
- Organizes Canada Day Noon Show on Parliament Hill
- Plans and organizes major state events such as royal visits, state funerals and installation of Governor General
- Provides support to Lieutenant-Governors
- Manages national protocol
- Advances awareness and appreciation of Canadian symbols (e.g. National Flag of Canada)
- Ensures that international expositions actively engage Canadians and reflect Canada to the world, as well as strengthen international relations
- Assists Canadian cities with bids to host international expositions and coordinates federal support
- Represents Canada's interests at the International Exhibitions Bureau
Management, Regional and Correspondence Services
- Manages the Ministerial correspondence function supporting the Department's Minister and Ministers of State
- Manages the mailroom in headquarters
- Coordinates the Department's public opinion research (POR) activity
- Provides liaison services with headquarters for the Department's regional offices
- Manages Sector planning, finance and human resources
- Deliver departmental programs to Canadians across the country from 20 points of service
- Undertake outreach and communications activities (including support to Ministers and Ministers of State during regional visits)
- Build regional partnerships with other departments, other levels of government and other stakeholders
- Provide strategic analysis and advice from a regional perspective, contributing to policy and program development in the Department
Our Successes and Achievements
- The Expo 2010 in Shanghai
- The 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Torch Relays
- The BC 150 Celebration
- The Department's renewed Website
- Canada Day Noon Show on Parliament Hill
- National Commemorations and Celebrations
- The regional delivery of programs involving arts, heritage, official languages, Canada Day, community festivals and anniversaries, Aboriginal Women and Youth
5 Great Reasons to Make your Career With Us
- 1. Opportunities to work from one of the 20 regional offices located across the country dealing directly with Canadian Heritage clients.
- 2. Opportunities to work at the implementation of memorable Pan-Canadian events such as the Torch Relays of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- 3. Opportunities to work at the implementation of important commemorations marking Canada's history.
- 4. Opportunities to work at reflecting Canada to the world and at strengthening international relations through International Expositions (Shanghai 2010).
- 5. Opportunities to work in a stimulating fast-paced environment where challenges and accomplishments are numerous and satisfying.
Our Wide Range of Positions
- Web Developer
- Policy Analyst
- Project Manager - Program Officer
- Planning Officer
- Resource Management Officer (Finance, HR and Administration)
- Public Opinion Research Officer
- Writer / Editor - Ministerial Correspondence
- Cultural Development Officer
in a Few Words...
Whether it is through the delivery of programs or the development of policies, the possibilities of taking part in processes and initiatives that affect the lives of real Canadians are endless.
It's great to have the opportunity to represent the public interest in an area that I am passionate about and to be part of the difference that Canada can make in the world!