Planning and Corporate Affairs
Who We Are
The Financial Management Branch
Services and Advice!
The Branch supports effective PCH program delivery and decision-making by providing high quality, timely advice and services on financial matters.
Knowledge and Information Technology Services
Service and Solutions!
Through partnerships, the Branch provides leadership to the department in the use and management of IM/IT to support the activities that enable Canadian Heritage to meet its commitments to Canadians. We strive to be a leader in the transformation of the delivery of Canadian Heritage commitments to Canadians.
The Strategic Planning, Policy and Research, Cabinet Affairs and Official Languages Secretariat Branch
Variety, Diversity and Collaboration!
The Branch is involved in a vast array of activities and projects. We work in partnership with all of PCH in departmental research, the development of new policies and practices and reporting how PCH plans to spend its money and report on it. Our work is to work with others so that our department performs better and is continually looking to the future.
Our Successes and Achievements
- The development of a comprehensive information management strategy that will ultimately integrate electronic document management at the desktop computer
- The PCH Annual Research Plan
- The Grants and Contributions Conference "Leading the Way"
- DM award for an outstanding contribution to making Canadian Heritage a federal leader in Grants and Contributions
- Environmental Scans
- The Guide for the preparation Treasury Board submissions
- The introduction of a governance process to manage resources and facilitate decision making for IM/IT activities and investments
- The Integrated Business Plan
- The Program Activity Architecture and the Performance Measurement Framework for PCH
- The Automated Inventory System
- The Policy Research Newsletter, Speakers' Series and Intranet Site
- Training on the New Policy and Directive on Transfer Payments
- Policy Papers
Great Reasons to Make your Career With Us
A Place to Grow
The vast scope of the sector renders it a perfect environment for you to learn about the whole department, become a valued partner to other parts of the Department, gain experience and build knowledge through excellent training and development opportunities and work your way up the corporate ladder!
Connecting with Other Parts of the Department
The majority of the work undertaken by the sector includes the involvement of other persons in the department or even persons from the world outside. We have been involved in such exciting files as Vancouver 2010, EXPO 2010 and the Pan Am Games in 2015. If you're looking to be outside of the box - this is your chance!
Learn about the World of Information Technology
We provide the opportunity to work in a progressive IT organization that is focused on business needs and client relations and the opportunity to effectively and efficiently manage knowledge and information with IT as the enabler.
Our Wide Range of Positions
Social Scientists, Cultural Analysts and Researchers with specialties in the areas of history, law, women's studies, sociology, methodology and economics.
- Records Manager
- Project Manager
- Policy Analyst
- Financial Analyst (Policies, Accounting Operations, etc.)
- Financial Advisor
- Business Analyst
- Corporate Planner
- Financial Planner
- Financial and Human Resources Manager
- Procurement Specialist
- SAP and GCIMS Specialist
- Client Service Representative
- Information Technology Technician
- Information Technology Security Specialist
- Information Management Specialist
- Telecommunication Specialist
- Administrative Assistant
in a Few Words...
Upon my arrival, I was greeted with friendly faces. The staff is forthcoming and very helpful. I actually told my husband that I've never, in my career, been greeted in such a helpful way.
Questions are encouraged, not frowned upon. Management has been successful in creating an environment that is very open and transparent.