|Note: This consultation is now closed|
Proposed Content and Programming of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights (CMHR)
About the Consultation
- Description of Consultation
The creation of a new national museum, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, is an opportunity to tell the story of the evolution of human rights in Canada and elsewhere. This story is a complex story to tell because human rights resonate differently with individual Canadians. A web-based public consultation will provide the opportunity to receive the views of a large number of Canadians and advice on the possible content and programming of this new institution.
Participants will have the opportunity to share their views by answering a number of insightful and open-ended questions found in the consultation document.
Start Date: February 5, 2008
End Date: March 15 , 2008
Information gathered through this consultation will be used by the Minister’s Advisory Committee for the CMHR as the basis for its recommendations, which will be provided to the future Board of Trustees of the Canadian Museum for Human Rights to assist its decision-making on the content and programming of the museum.
How to Participate
Interested Canadians and stakeholders will be able to consider and respond on-line to the questions raised in the consultation document.
Interested Canadians and stakeholders may contact the department by telephone (1-866-892-9273), fax (819-997-8392) or via e-mail (CMHR-MCDP@pch.gc.ca) to request a copy of the consultation document, and may provide their input by mail or fax.
- The proposed Canadian Museum for Human Rights (Note: this website is external to the Government of Canada and is now being translated to be available in both official languages) - http://www.canadianmuseumforhumanrights.com/
- Department of Canadian Heritage - Human Rights - http://www.pch.gc.ca/pc-ch/sujct/divers-multi/droit-human/index-eng.cfm
- Department of Canadian Heritage - Mission and Strategic Outcomes- http://www.pch.gc.ca/pc-ch/org/missn/index-eng.cfm
- The Museums Act - http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/showtdm/cs/M-13.4
- Name: Christopher Collmorgen
- Title: Senior Policy Research Analyst
- Mailing Address :
Room 38, 3rd Floor, 15 Eddy Street
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5
- E-mail : CMHR-MCDP@pch.gc.ca
- Telephone: (866) 892-9273
- Fax : (819) 997-8392