- The National Flag of Canada
- Proportions and Description of the flag
- Birth of the Canadian flag
- The Making of the Canadian flag
- First "Canadian flags"
- Elements of the flag
- You were asking...
- Ceremonial Dress Flag
- Dipping the flag
- National Flag of Canada - Colour Specifications
- Pledge to the Canadian flag
- Half-masting of flags
- The Royal Union flag
- Commercial use of the flag
- Flag Etiquette in Canada
- Folding the National Flag of Canada
The Trade Marks Act protects the National Flag of Canada against unauthorized use. Requests to use the flag should be addressed to:
State Ceremonial and Canadian Symbols
Department of Canadian Heritage
Tel: (819) 934-9048
Fax: (819) 997-8550
Please note that the turnaround time is ten (10) business days.
Note: A sketch of the intended use must be submitted by email or fax.
The national flag and representations of it should always be shown, represented or used in a dignified manner. It should not be defaced by way of printing or illustrations or masked by other objects, but displayed in a manner which may be described as aloft and free, in which all symbolic parts of the flag can be identified.