Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or record keeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you may request alternative formats by contacting the Department of Canadian Heritage.
Canadian Heritage Signature & the Canada Wordmark
Presenting the Signature and Wordmark
The following rules are fundamental to corporate identity and should be observed when presenting the signature and wordmark.
To ensure the integrity of corporate signatures and symbols the following criteria apply:
- they may not be altered in any way;
- they should be displayed in generous open space, free from close association with any interfering or distracting elements;
- they may not appear on a visually conflicting background;
- when presenting the signature and wordmark, they should be displayed as two distinct elements;
- the wordmark may not form part of a headline, phrase or sentence.
The "Canada" wordmark has been defined as the dominant symbol of the federal identity; this aspect should be reflected when presenting the wordmark.
Colours and Printing
The basic colours of the government's corporate identity are FIP red, black and white. The flag in the signature and wordmark appears in red, while the type is rendered in black. Notwithstanding this rule, there is much flexibility when using other colours for the signature and "Canada" wordmark.
When using an alternative colour for the signature and wordmark please:
- ensure sufficient contrast with the background; and
- use the same colour for both flag and type
- use the same colour for both signature and wordmark
Printing - 4 colour process:
When printing the FIP red in 4 colour process, use a combination of 100% yellow and 100% magenta.
Printing - PMS colours (Pantone Matching System):
It is recognized in the industry that PMS-032 and PMS-485 can be used as FIP red equivalent. PMS-032 is preferred for small format printing and PMS-485 is preferred for large format printing.
For more information on the Federal Identity Program and its requirements, please click here: Federal Identity Program Manual.
Please click below to download a ZIP file, containing EPS, TIF, and JPG versions of the wordmark or signature of your choice. EPS files are vector-based and suited for any format of printing. TIF files are high-resolution files used for print products. JPG are low-resolution files used for web products.
- Date modified :